Well, we have been doing this post weekly for a few weeks now, and honestly we are starting to enjoy it. With that this is our take on what we have been looking at the last week.
So many great cycling related stories, so little time.
– Bike Walk Move has a pretty sweet new bike map out for the Twin Cities. Most maps are really pretty complex and tough to read, showing every nook and cranny of the Twin Cities cycling infrastructure. This one (pictured left) is much like a subway map, showing the major routes and where they connect. Thanks to the Southwest Journal for posting.
– Heeding a call from Reuben over at VeloTraffic Nice Ride MN has made ALL of their data public from last year. When we say all we me allll, everything that you could possible want to know is in there, you just need the time to find it.
– This might only appeal to those of you who consider yourselves to be super bike geeks, but All-City has posted Part 1 of designing their new drop-outs for the Space Horse.
– The Minneapolis Bicycle Advisory Committee, what exactly do they do? Lucky for us Lesley from the Minneapolis Bicycle Coalition attended their last meeting and gave us a recap. Bottom line, bike lanes, trail and enforcement are all really hot topics.
– Ok, if you haven’t seen this yet then you aren’t paying attention. Federal funding for bicycle and pedestrians is about to become a thing of the past. Since Republicans took over the house of Representatives there have admittedly been several points where bicycle advocates have said that the sky is falling, but this looks like the real deal. The transportation bill released on Tuesday eliminates funding for cycling. Take a few minutes and do something about it.
– As a two-time winner (and reigning champion), Jeff Frane was the odds-on favorite for the 15th installment of the Stupor Bowl. According to his website, some lingering back issues might put an end to that. It’s hard to ride a bike with a tender back, especially something as taxing as the Stupor Bowl. Only time will tell, but we would love to keep the Stupor Bowl Crown on the head of a Twin Cities rider.
– From the friends in high places category; new St. Paul City Council member Amy Brendmoen is a bike commuter! Check out her full profile on MinnPost.
– Our friends over at the Minneapolis Musette have a great addition to your cycling or lounging wardrobe up for order on their site. Their full kit is a pretty great way to show your Minneapolis love when you are on your road bike, but the T-shirt will immediately join in our rotation of everyday gear.