Residents of the Northeast side of Minneapolis will soon see some cycling improvements headed their way and now they will have the opportunity to provide some input about what that change looks like.
While many parts of central and south Minneapolis have seen major improvements to cycling infrastructure over the past few years, North and Northeast Minneapolis are now getting their due attention. In addition to the Bike Walk Center and NiceRide expansion the area will soon see more dedicated bike paths and lanes, intended to help increase cycling mobility for the city’s northern residents.
Come and meet the City and County staff assigned to develop bike trails on the East Side. All are invited; please share the word with others.
1. 18th Avenue NE, Phase 2 – Monroe Street NE to the Quarry Shopping Center; tunnel under the railroad tracks?
2. Central Avenue Update – 37th Avenue NE to River
3. East Hennepin and 1st Avenue NE bike lane study update
4. 5th Street NE / 22nd Avenue NE Bike Boulevard update
5. Marshall/Main Street bike lane update – 1st Avenue NE to Broadway, Broadway to Lowry, idea of using empty railroad tracks from Scherer Bros. lumber site as future north/south bike trail.